Friday, August 26, 2011

Marking and Gestures Individual Practices

As always, be sure to click on the picture to see the high resolution details.




This assignment focused on marking and gesturing, or using dabs and wide, elegant arches to create pictures that would exhibit positive and negative forms. I began with a completely black canvas and, using the soft-edged brush at about 1200 px in size, painted the top left corner. My original purpose was to have white at the upper left corner and black at the bottom right corner, with a grey gradient between each tile. What happened, as I began to incorporate varying shades between the colors #000000 and #ffffff (black and white, specifically) into each square, is that I began to lose a clear sense of the gradient theme; now it is only barely discernible.

See if you can guess what words I was trying to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment